Tuesday, January 5, 2010

101 cookbooks.

In the last month or so, I've attempted to do more cooking, both for economical reasons, and to find a new outlet for my creativity (photography, music, scrapbooking, card-making, sewing, and book-binding aren't enough). I'm a jack of all trades but I won't pretend to be a master of any of them. But I'm trying...does that count?

Historically, I actually hate cooking. I despise going to the grocery store. I hate paying for the ingredients. I dislike making a mess in my kitchen that has limited counter space. And I don't like cleaning up after myself (just ask husby). To make up for all of this, I've discovered this lovely inspiration, which marries photography AND food. Now there is more motivation besides eating to cook...I can take pretty pictures too!

As a challenge to myself, in the new year, I will be cooking more and documenting my endeavors. If only my kitchen had better lighting...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

thats a pretty good website. Richard makes things that pretty...I just don't have the skill to show it off. I am always impressed by people (like you) who make the ordinary look so exceptional.