Friday, August 13, 2010

a perfect summer surprise.

While in Minnesota visiting family, we had some extra time to kill so we hit the Como Zoo. Just moments after we entered the gates, we came across the butterfly tent. Normally I wouldn't splurge on something so frivolous (at the MN State Fair they charge at least $20 a head for those gimmicks) BUT...the wonderful thing about the Como Zoo is that it is FREE! I just had to walk through or I'd never live it down, so we waited in the short line. I was a little nervous because I'm not really a bug person, but my curiosity won out. Boy am I glad we did this! (And for the record, we DID leave a donation. I'm not that cheap!)

There were so many different varieties, and the colors were so vibrant! One landed on my hand, but flew away before I could snap a picture.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

those are the most gorgeous photos. I want to frame each one of them. Why does everything look more lovely when you take a picture of it?

gansjan said...

These are really beautiful, Kaela!